TIME OF ARRIVAL:
You will receive a call from the surgery center one day before your surgery to confirm your arrival time and review your health history. The ENT clinic staff may provide you with an estimated surgery time; please note this time may change.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Photo ID and insurance card.
- A responsible adult to drive you home and stay with you for 24 hours after surgery.
- No more than two visitors/family members per patient.
- A complete list of your medications, including over-the-counter vitamins and supplements.
- Inhalers if you use them at home.
- A sippy cup or bottle and change of clothes for infants and toddlers.
- Payment for any deductible or deposit required before surgery.
WHAT TO DO:
- Wear loose comfy clothes. If you are having nose or sinus surgery, wear a button-up shirt.
- Do not wear make-up, perfume or cologne.
- Leave all valuables at home.
- Wear a sports bra without an underwire.
- If you wear glasses or contacts, please wear glasses.
- REMOVE ALL JEWELRY AND PIERCINGS.
WHEN TO STOP EATING & DRINKING:
- You must have an empty stomach to proceed with surgery.
- Stop SOLID FOODS EIGHT HOURS prior to surgery.
- Candy, mints, tobacco products and gum are considered solid foods
- A meal eight hours prior to surgery should be light, avoiding fatty or fried foods.
- Stop CLEAR LIQUIDS FOUR HOURS prior to surgery.
- Water, Jell-O, tea, apple juice and black coffee without cream are considered clear liquids.
- Stop infant and toddler FORMULA SIX HOURS prior to surgery.
- Stop infant and toddler BREAST MILK FOUR HOURS prior surgery.
- Surgery Center Front Desk: 208-367-7431
- Surgery Center Nurses’ Station: 208-367-7446
MEDICATIONS AND SUPPLEMENTS
TAKE MORNING OF SURGERY:
- Anti-anxiety medications
- Heartburn medications
- Anti-spasmodic medications
- Narcotics or pain medications that you take on a regular basis
- Birth control medications
DO NOT TAKE MORNING OF SURGERY:
- Water pills
- Lasix or any medication with HCTZ
- Ace inhibitors
- Angiotension II receptor blockers
STOP 14 DAYS BEFORE SURGERY:
- All vitamins, herbals and supplements
- Vitamin E
- Fish Oil
- Ma Huang
- Diet or weight loss medications
If you are prescribed any of the following medications by your cardiologist, please follow your cardiologist’s recommendations for how long to hold prior to surgery.
- Plavix, Effient or Brilinta
- Do not take fast-acting or regular acting insulins the morning of surgery.
- We will check your blood sugar upon arrival and manage it with our insulin as needed.
- Take HALF of your long acting insulin dose the night before surgery.
- Set your insulin pump basal rate to HALF your normal level.